What Is SEO or Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization is the process of modifying your website to optimal performance to attract organic, or un-paid, traffic from the search engines. This is what is referred to as ranking. The goal here is to rank as high as possible on the page when a search is done for a service you offer. The bottom line is that SEO is what is done to your website to make the search engines such as Google to make your website show up on the top of the page. That is the goal of SEO and it must be constantly adjusted because the internet is fluid and is always changing. With new technology and the hacking techniques advancing daily, it has never been more important to stay on top of these trends to ensure your site is not only safe for your customers it is also moving up in rank and stays there.
Some of the techniques we use for ranking a website at the top of the search pages are listed below. Of course, each site is different and some may require more processes and some fewer for proper ranking. When these procedures are followed, your website will be visible to the customers you are targeting. With the proper SEO steps, your website will move up in rank and you will see more traffic coming to your website daily. You decide how far we go. The amount of SEO effort applied will directly relate to the amount of traffic you receive. SEO costs go up as more is done so it is important to go over some of these options so you can decide what is best for you and your business.
- Keyword research
- Use of keywords you are ranking for on your site’s pages naturally.
- Setup each page for ranking keywords in the search engines for a better overall ranking of the website.
- Meta Title Tags
- Proper use H1, H2, and H3 tags
- Use of Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools
- Install backlinks for creditability and ranking with search engines.
- Social Media links
- txt files
- Easy navigation and functionality. (Your site must be easy to navigate.)